I eat a lot of sushi. Now, I am finally ready to do a post about one of my favorite places to get sushi in Minneapolis–Kiku Bistro.
Kiku Bistro, formally known as Mount Fuji in Uptown is one of my go-to sushi places. I was hesitant to share it until now because this is a place that I go frequently and sometimes I just want a place to myself, but that’s selfish. So, here we go!
Kiku is one of my favorites because they have a great menu that allows people like me who love any kind of sushi to get what I want but still has rolls for those people who aren’t avid sushi eaters. They have several rolls that have more flair and are great for the new sushi eater. This includes well prepared deep fried rolls.
I like it because I have always had fresh fish. There has never been a time where I have had anything taste a “bad” fishy (you know what I mean).
The happy hour is excellent too! With $3 wine and Sapporo and discounted rolls you cannot go wrong. Plus, there is really only one or two hours a night that they don’t have happy hour so you are bound to hit it. The rolls aren’t super cheap. If they were wouldn’t you wonder what kind of fish was in them? Just saying.
My favorite items to order:
Lake Calhoun- This has a lot of flair with special sauces and crunch. Not usually my style but it is very good. Great for the first time sushi eater.
Avocado roll- It gives you a break from everything else. It is fresh and filling.
Spicy California- Good clean taste and is priced right!
Vegas- Deep Fried. This has great flavor and is fun. I am picky about deep fried rolls and they get it right.
Uptown Roll- If you like fish only this is a great option! Good flavor but you only get 4 pieces.
Rainbow Roll- It’s your basic roll with many types of fish. It’s fresh and good!
Overall, if you are looking for a new sushi place to try this is a very good option. I love it and I hope you do too!
Because fresh fish is good fish.
Okay. Okay. I get it the Minnesota Twins are not doing the best this season. You do have to admit that catching a game at Target Field is fun regardless if the Twins win or lose.
I am impressed each time I go with the different food and drink offerings. Plus, I am a total sucker for helmet nachos.
I guess for me going to a game is about the experience rather than about how anyone plays the game.
So, if you are the opposite of me. Give my approach a try sometime. Maybe, just maybe, you’ll enjoy the experience more than you thought you could.
Give some of the items on my list a try:
1. Try some food you haven’t tried before. AZ Canteen or Turkey to Go are always on my list of places to stop.
2. Grab a drink in one of the many bars at Target Field.
3. Meet a member of the staff. There are some really neat people who work at Target Field. Get to know one or a few of them.
4. Try a new beer!
5. Walk around–There are always promotions and fun things to do around the ball park so stop and try one of them.
6. Start a conga line. Why not???
7. Play some TWINGO because it is fun!
8. Talk to the person next to you about the song that you would have during your at bat.
9. Bet on the character race. I bet my cracker jacks on Spot every time.
10. Enjoy the people that you came with!
Because if you are not having fun. Make your own fun.
What’s your favorite thing to do at Target Field?