So, you’re in fabulous Minneapolis for the MLB All Star Game and you are thirsty. Where should you get a drink?
Top 5 Bars:
1. Butcher and the Boar
2. Solera Rooftop
3. Fulton Brewery
4. Marvel Bar
5. Brits Pub
(Yes it’s 6! I couldn’t decide between the last two)
Best Family Bar:
Day Block Brewing
- #Recommend – If my description sounds like something you would like then you need to try this place.
- #Eh- This place is just okay. It would never be my first choice but it will work in a pinch.
- #Avoid- This place is somewhere that I would have a really hard time going even in a pinch. If you go there I might judge you a little bit.
- #4AM – It’s open late the day of the All Star Game
*Keep in mind these are all my own opinions.
Need a beer:
- They have lawn bowling on the roof and a good beer list. Food is eh. But, no one goes there for that anyways. If you are hungry go for the fish and chips, stay for the atmosphere. Avoid during any World Cup games. There are a lot of places to sit outside and service is usually good. #Recommend
- They have an awesome tap-room with delicious local beers and usually a food truck outside. It’s near the stadium and gives you a feel of what Minneapolis is really about. Need I say more? #Recommend
Day Block Brewery
- Great family place! You not only get beer but some good grub including pizza and pretzels. This is a local place and a good place for groups. #Recommend
- Do you love a good Irish bar? This is the perfect place for you. Try a Big Ginger made with Two Gingers whiskey! Don’t forget to take your sweetheart into the kissing room. Good tap list and some tasty eats. If it’s a nice day the patio is a great place to sit and watch people. #Recommend #4AM
Want something heavier?
Butcher and the Boar-
Yes, they have bourbon and it is tasty. I highly suggest trying the beer garden out back. They know how to party with really good drunk food. #Recommend
- Part of the Bachelor Farmer. This bar has some funky and fun cocktails. Go get it! #Recommend
- Is tequila your drink of choice.? This place is for you. #Recommend
- I had the worst cocktail of my life here. It was so bad that it was the first and only drink that I have ever sent back. They have a great brunch with the lemon ricotta pancakes. Go for brunch. #Avoid
Lemme see that view:
Prohibition at The Foshay
- My favorite view in town. Prohibition mixes great cocktails with a great view. Plus, the history of this place makes it one of my favorite places in Minneapolis. #Recommend
- Great sangria and good tapas for the adventurous eater. This is one of the lesser known rooftops right by the stadium. #Recommend
- Your run of the mill place. It’s a great place to go if you have a picky eater or drinker with you. They literally have everything. It has an awesome view but watch out for the dudebros. #Eh
- Expensive drinks all for the sweet retractable roof. This place has great ambiance but I haven’t ever been impressed while I’ve been there. #Eh
- Are you a creepy older man who wants to hit on young girls and buy them drinks? Ahhhh yes, this place is for you. You might run into a few celebrities too. #Avoid #4AM
I am getting sloppy and I wanna dance:
The Pour House
- This is a prohibition style bar with a hidden staircase. This place is a little trashy and you might feel a little old but if you want to get your groove on it is a great option. I think this is the best option in downtown Minneapolis if you don’t want to go to a gay bar. #Eh #4AM
- Yeah, it’s a gay bar. But, they play great dance music and mix a strong drink. You might leave asking yourself what just happened. That’s part of its charm, right? If someone asks you to take a shower. Just do it. #Recommend
- Might as well be called bro central. #Avoid #4AM
- Dancing, yes they have it. If the Poorhouse has too long of a line head here. It’s a great alternative. #Eh #4AM
I want a CHEAP beer:
: Yeah, this is a pretty trashy place. If you want cheap stuff this is a great option. We don’t have cowboys in Minnesota only boys who like to wear cowboy hats and boots to pick up the ladies. #Avoid #4AM
Travel to Uptown:
- This place has a great rooftop! I am not a huge fan of their indoor space and the food. But, the ambiance makes this a great choice. #Recommend
- In Calhoun Square this place has great food and $3 beers of the day. This place has a great local tap list and you can even get a walleye po’ boy. #Recommend
- The peanut bar. If you want to drink beer out of a huge glass and drop peanuts on the floor, this place is for you. It gets really busy on weekends #Eh
Breweries outside of downtown:
- Not my favorite local brews but they have a fun tap-room for you to enjoy. #Eh
- Try the chocolate milk stout. Great tap-room and a good atmosphere. #Recommend
- Really excellent beers with fun taste profiles. They usually have live music and a food truck there over the weekend. #Recommend
Because it’s time to say, “CHEERS.”
Am I missing a bar that needs to be on this list? What do you think the best bar on the list is?
Make sure you tell me if you had a good time at any of these places by tweeting me @mplsgossipgirl.