Eat Street Social
After trying to go to the new restaurant in town “The Icehouse” and being rudely turned away by the hostess (I don’t think she will last long), some friends and I ended up at Eat Street Social on 26th and Nicollet.
It was a blessing. I can’t believe I had not been there yet. After looking over the handcrafted drink menu, I was amazed by the choices. The names were clever and made with quality ingredients. My favorite was the Yamato Sling. I was able to try almost all the drinks on the menu and even got a little tutorial from one of the bartenders.
If you go there I suggest sitting at the bar because you will get a show along with your drink or dinner. The bartender that we were sitting by struck up a conversation with us and even showed us how he was making the drinks. They have several bartenders on hand so you are guaranteed a really well made drink.
All I can say is that the service was overwhelmingly great, it was a friendly atmosphere and the hostess did her best to accommodate our large group. The server we had did a great job of explaining the menu and even though we didn’t have dinner there and he explained some of the items that we would have had no idea what they were. Such as “A Round for the Boys” where you can buy the kitchen a drink for $12.00. What a great idea! I am going to be using that next time I come and eat dinner.
The reason I will be going back is because the dinner menu looked delicious and was reasonable. Their soups sounded wonderful, and I haven’t met an asparagus soup that I haven’t liked at least a little bit. Also, the braised lamb sandwich is something I have to try. The bacon gnocchi with ramps and the fish special entree are also at the top of my list.
So, if you haven’t given it a try yet, do not overlook the Eat Street Social.
Because never underestimate the power of a good drink.
About mplsgossipgirlI am a girl loving life, food, and friends in the great city of Minneapolis. I share the events/food/places from the cities and hope that it helps you find things you come to love as well. If you want to share with me or help me with a topic contact me on twitter @mplsgossipgirl or by email at email@example.com
- The reason you need to help fund @CampCheesecake is because @TJCabrera always gives back to the #mpls community! indiegogo.com/projects/camp-… 1 day ago
- Just kidding... There is only 4 hours left! Help fund @CampCheesecake! indiegogo.com/projects/camp-… 1 day ago
- Tis the season for the gin fizz! http://t.co/BWfsm8H0cO 1 day ago
- @rebes_curtis pretty much. 2 days ago
- @meeterica @katie_LF it happens! I just spent 15 minutes looking at bookends with cats on them on Etsy. 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Free Creative Writing Classes- Hennepin County Library
- Best All You Can Eat Sushi in the Twin Cities - Aji
- Rudolphs Bar-B-Que
- The Rabbit Hole: Best Food in Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Valentine's Day Ideas
- Turks and Caicos Day 1
- Reuters: 48 hours in the Twin Cities: What you really should do
- Restaurant Week MN 2012 - Saffron
- Top 20 New Things to Try in 2013 in Minneapolis
- Reve 324 -Stillwater Restaurant
- May 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012