Eat Street Social
After trying to go to the new restaurant in town “The Icehouse” and being rudely turned away by the hostess (I don’t think she will last long), some friends and I ended up at Eat Street Social on 26th and Nicollet.
It was a blessing. I can’t believe I had not been there yet. After looking over the handcrafted drink menu, I was amazed by the choices. The names were clever and made with quality ingredients. My favorite was the Yamato Sling. I was able to try almost all the drinks on the menu and even got a little tutorial from one of the bartenders.
If you go there I suggest sitting at the bar because you will get a show along with your drink or dinner. The bartender that we were sitting by struck up a conversation with us and even showed us how he was making the drinks. They have several bartenders on hand so you are guaranteed a really well made drink.
All I can say is that the service was overwhelmingly great, it was a friendly atmosphere and the hostess did her best to accommodate our large group. The server we had did a great job of explaining the menu and even though we didn’t have dinner there and he explained some of the items that we would have had no idea what they were. Such as “A Round for the Boys” where you can buy the kitchen a drink for $12.00. What a great idea! I am going to be using that next time I come and eat dinner.
The reason I will be going back is because the dinner menu looked delicious and was reasonable. Their soups sounded wonderful, and I haven’t met an asparagus soup that I haven’t liked at least a little bit. Also, the braised lamb sandwich is something I have to try. The bacon gnocchi with ramps and the fish special entree are also at the top of my list.
So, if you haven’t given it a try yet, do not overlook the Eat Street Social.
Because never underestimate the power of a good drink.
About mplsgossipgirlI am a girl loving life, food, and friends in the great city of Minneapolis. I share the events/food/places from the cities and hope that it helps you find things you come to love as well. If you want to share with me or help me with a topic contact me on twitter @mplsgossipgirl or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- @benicebox You go! They should want to be a part of this fun box. 3 hours ago
- @katie_LF Spice up your life! I may or may not own the VHS version of Spice World which reminds me I should find out if they have it on DVD. 3 hours ago
- I am going to eat ice cream tonight and not watch the Victoria's Secret fashion show. 4 hours ago
- @mndesigngal I still buy cookbooks. They have to be awesome like @smittenkitchen though! 23 hours ago
- I am so over these driving conditions already. Oh, this may be a long winter. Only the hearty survive. 23 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Wizard of Oz- The Ordway
- Best All You Can Eat Sushi in the Twin Cities - Aji
- Top Holiday Treats from Wuollet Bakery
- Secrets of Minneapolis- One of the Best Happy Hours no one knows about - Gather at The Walker
- Bluestem Bar and Table
- Day 3 Turks and Caicos - Coco Bistro
- C.J. Chenier at The Ordway
- Umami Takeout
- Restaurant Week MN 2012 - Saffron
- Reve 324 -Stillwater Restaurant